Our Mission Statement
The Lake Tahoe South Shore Chamber of Commerce (Tahoe Chamber) is a membership organization dedicated to developing, promoting, and representing the South Shore business community.
TahoeChamber.org promotes and envisions a prosperous and sustainable economy embracing the environment.
Sustainability: “capacity to endure”
Our goal is to sustain a high quality of life for the community by achieving economic vitality, with sensitivity and respect for the environment.
(The term quality of life is used to evaluate the general well-being of individuals and societies. The term is used in a wide range of contexts, including the fields of international development, healthcare, and politics. Quality of life should not be confused with the concept of standard of living, which is based primarily on income. Instead, standard indicators of the quality of life include not only wealth and employment, but also the built environment, physical and mental health, education, recreation and leisure time, and social belonging.)
The 21 member board of directors and staff spend several full days annually to outline chamber plans and activities on behalf of the members in alignment with our five core competencies:
- Creating a Strong Local Economy
- It's about prosperity and sustainability
- Providing Relationship Building
- It’s about self-promotion, referrals and partnerships
- Representing Business with Government
- It’s about your business issues being our business issues
- Promoting the Community
- It’s about resources for businesses, residents and visitors
- Engaging in Political Action
- It’s about being “the” voice of business