- Unemployment Insurance
- Through JOIN Inc. and the CARES Act funding career seekers can:
- engage in career exploration activities and assessments to discover a well-suited career path,
- receive tuition assistance for training programs in an industry of their choice,
- “learn and earn” through on-the-job training with a local business partnered with JOIN Inc., and
- freshen up their digital and employability skills through JOIN Inc.’s Success Skills program.
Interested individuals are encouraged to contact JOIN Inc. at 775-283-0125 or firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of this opportunity.
- CARES Act family & individual rebates FAQ | Spanish version
- Guide to Sick Leave, Disability, Layoffs, and Unemployment Benefits, California Labor & Workforce Development Agency
- Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
- Barton Foundation COVID-19 Fund
- Tahoe Magic works to get emergency money to families struggling to pay their rent, utility bills, etc.
- To get a referral to Tahoe Magic, email Jude Wood, Executive Director of the Boys & Girls Club of Lake Tahoe
- WIOA Dislocated Worker Funds for Underserved COVID-19 Impacted Individuals
- California Roadmap to Recovery: Support for Working Families
- Free Internet available for the next 60 days through Comcast Internet Essentials
- Food Assistance Programs in South Lake Tahoe | Spanish
- Food Program Information for South Shore youth
- Coronavirus – A Book for Children
- Disaster Distress Hotline
The Disaster Distress Helpline is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories.
Text: Text “TalkWithUs” to 66746
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Institute on Aging’s 24-hour toll-free Friendship Line
- Alcoholics Anonymous Virtual Meetings
Health & Safety Resources
- Barton Health, Coronavirus Update
- If you develop symptoms, and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or if you have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19, please call your health provider’s office or Barton’s COVID-19 Clinical Health Line at 530.600.1999.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- FDA Response to COVID-19
- Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count
- Find the most current coronavirus case count for the counties in the U.S.