Nominations Announced for the 14th Annual Blue Ribbon Awards
The Tahoe Chamber collected nominations from the community for the 14th annual Blue Ribbon Award to celebrate the businesses, non-profits and individuals that make the South Shore of Lake Tahoe so unique. Local businesses have been a resilient backbone of the community throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and Caldor Fire. Honoring their contributions, achievements and milestones is more important than ever before.
Nominations were solicited in eight key categories that represent the breadth of business on the South Shore. Each nomination will be carefully considered by the Blue Ribbon Awards Committee and after weighting each nomination against the award criteria, eight award winners will be honored on January 27th through the Tahoe Chamber’s Facebook page and on TahoeChamber.org.
Congratulations to our 2021 nominees;
Innovative program, promotion, or product for our visitors
- Clearly Tahoe
- Flatstick Pub
- Knits and Knots Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Balloons
- Tahoe Sports LTD
- Tahoe Heartbeat
- Tahoe Paddle Sports
- US Forest Service Lake Tahoe Basin Management
- Weddings at Lakeside Beach
An innovative individual who assumed the risk of starting a new business.
- Andrea Drew / Drew Consulting Inc.
- Chris Macnamara / Outdoor Gear Lab
- Christy Wilson / Embarc
- Dave Mullen / Exquisite Grill
- Dave and Jamie Orr / Untethered
- Hannah Johnson / Tahoe Best Friends
- Jason Owings / Mountain Strength Lab
- Jen Kaplan / Pelodog
- Justin & Jeff Kaplan / Tahoe Bagel
- Kate Rhamey / KR Squared Productions
- Lizzy Kirkpatrick / Tahoe Kids Trading Co.
- Melinda Choy / Elevate Wellness Center
- Molly Ferry / LoveStock Derma-care
- Nancy Rice / Nancy Rice Artistry
- Sandra Santane / Cuppa Tahoe
- Steve Ardagh & Lynda Ronaldson / Eagle Protect PBC
Customer Service Award
An individual who consistently provides quality service.
- Aaron Hinson / Luna Lending
- Anna Soto-Vopalensky / Bally’s Lake Tahoe
- Belen Urrutia / Sierra at Tahoe
- Cydney Cooper / Keys Cafe
- Danielle Waterhouse / McDuff’s Pub
- Mike Peron / Sierra Nevada Media Group
- Peter Sereno / Encore
- Scott Morton / Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
- Sue Anderson / Anderson’s Bicycle Rental
- Tracy Phelan / Bert’s Cafe
Customer Service (Public Agency) Award
An individual that provides quality service in the not so usual places (Police, Fire, DMV, City, County, TRPA, etc.).
- Brad Zlendick / Lake Valley Fire Protection District
- Katie Sheehan / Clean Tahoe
- Kevin Fromerz / Nevada Division State Parks
- Kandra Yee, MD / Barton Health
- Shay Navarro / TRPA
- Kileigh Labrado / Lake Tahoe Basin Fire Academy
- El Dorado Vector Control Team
- PTEIR Core Team
Excellence in Business Award (NEW)
A business that has made a substantial contributions to the overall good of business and the economic well-being of the community. (Business must be established and in operation for at least three (3) years)
- Base Camp Pizza Co.
- Cold Water Brewery
- Drew Consulting, Inc.
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- KR Squared Productions
- Tahoe Shining Stars
- The Hangar
Community Enrichment Award (NEW)
A business, non-profit, or agency that has worked to improve the South Shore community.
- Ascent Environmental, Inc.
- Bread & Broth
- Boys & Girls Club of Lake Tahoe
- California Conservation Corps
- Clean Tahoe
- Clean up the Lake
- Elevate Wellness Center
- Family Resource Center
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- St. Joseph’s Community Land Trust
New Business of the Year Award (NEW)
A new business that has gained an increasingly positive reputation and who exhibits distinction.
(Business must have been in operation for less than three (3) years)
- Cuppa Tahoe
- Nancy Rice Artistry
- PT Revolution
- The Lemon Drop
- Tahoe Bagel Co.
- Test Well
Volunteer of the Year Award (NEW)
An individual dedicated to making a positive impact on the agency they serve and on the community at large.
- Colin West
- Frank Gerdeman
- Jennifer Wattanachinda
- Ludovic Fekete
- Monica Eisenstecken
- Wendy David
The Tahoe Chamber would like to thank the sponsors of the 14th annual Blue Ribbon Awards; Presenting Sponsor, the South Tahoe Alliance of Resorts, Spotlight Sponsor, Tahoe Beach Club, Tallac Achievement Award Sponsor, Lake Tahoe Cruises, and Award Sponsors, Heavenly Mountain Resort, Kirkwood Mountain Resort, South Tahoe Refuse & Recycling Services, Sustainable Communities Advocates, Marriott Grand Residence Club, Luna Lending, Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority, Tahoe Events Center, and Bally’s Lake Tahoe.