The program will return in September 2021 and will run through June of 2022.
Because of the pandemic, this year’s program will look a little different than in years past. The program will give participants an opportunity to meet together as a group in a classroom setting when possible. To reduce the amount of close contact between participants, some sessions will be held virtually. Applicants are expected to attend physical and virtual class days and must be comfortable following proper Covid safety guidelines.
Leadership Lake Tahoe Class of 2018
The program covers key aspects of our community including:
- Economic Development
- Equity & Diversity
- Leadership Development
- Public Education System
- Public Safety
- Social Services & Community Resources
- Tourism & Recreation
The Required Commitment
- Program sessions are held on the first Wednesday of every month 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Participants are expected to attend all sessions whether in person or virtual.
- Participants must be willing to follow all Covid safety guidelines, including wearing a mask and practicing proper social distancing during classes.
- Participants will work on a group project that will benefit the community and help develop a multitude of leadership skills. This class project will require extra hours outside of class time to complete.
- Participants are required to speak at a public meeting and take a stance on a community issue.
- Participants are required to do an 8-10 minute presentation on a leadership topic and how it directly relates to their work experience.
- Tuition for Leadership Lake Tahoe is $800 for Chamber members or $1000 for non-members.
The deadline to submit an application for the 2021-2022 program has passed.